Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Morning Weeding

I stopped by the garden on the way to work to hoe a few weeds today. The weather was really nice. I am still battling the potato beetles on the eggplant, A couple of raised beds where I planted the carrots, beets, and radishes are weedy. Most everything else looks good, though.

Pepper plants finally started looking better. The zucchini and crookneck squash are producing, almost ready to start harvesting them.

Almost all of the tomatoes (84 days) are looking good. I need to add mulch to some of them. Several have golf ball sized fruit on them.

I staked the cherry tomato plants last night.

The sweet potatoes are looking fine. Some are starting to spread.

Cantaloupe.

Cross country hybrid cukes are starting to climb. I am not having much luck with "sumpter."

Jubilee watermelons are starting to spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment